I'm making the most definitive list of favorite movies ever.

For every year, I'm listing every movie I've seen and compare them all to each other asking one question; Which movie do I like more. Movies that score in the 80th percentile or higher, advance to the next round: Favorite of the Decade. After each Decade is done, an All Time list will be formed.

Friday, July 01, 2005

War of the Worlds Part II.

Just an afterthought.... I like the 1953 version better, and always will. Sorry Spielberg, but it's all about the sound. The sound your walking tripods make reminds me of that deep bass note that the CEO3K mothership blats out, the glass shattering one. The sound of those 53 death rays, is etched into my childhood... Like the mothership in Close Encounters!!!

Lucased and Spielberged out? Hate what they did to cinema? Check out The Mysterious Island (1929)! It played a couple nights back on TCM. So, if you're some film snob who hates these big flashy movies (that I love) watch this oldie and remember that these types of movies have always been made. The Mysterious Island has more short people in rubber masks than ALL of Lucas and Spielberg's movies ever (probably), total! A mess of mer men... and the music that someone put in at some point kinda sounds like the Oompa Loompa music.

No comments: