I'm making the most definitive list of favorite movies ever.

For every year, I'm listing every movie I've seen and compare them all to each other asking one question; Which movie do I like more. Movies that score in the 80th percentile or higher, advance to the next round: Favorite of the Decade. After each Decade is done, an All Time list will be formed.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Movies Ive been Tivoing...

Tivo is like Kleenex. I don't know if we use Kleenex facial tissues or not, but we call them Kleenex. When I say I Tivo something, I don't have a Tivo, I just mean I used a DVR. For some reason, everyone knows what a Tivo is, and no one knows what a DVR is. Onto the list.

Ark: It doesn't exist. But I swear I saw it, and James Woods was in it... It was pretty good. Not stellar, better that Spirits Within... I SWEAR it EXISTS!!!

Mystic River Good movie, a must see. Forget the pretentious Academy hype, and whether or not Robbins and Penn come off a radical leftists... It's just a good movie, and they do stellar work!

Phantoms And yea, I thought this one was pretty good too. It's much better than a lot of pieces of crap that I've heard people defend and even get huffy over. It also doesn't try to be anything but a neat horror flick. All sorts of critics and fans of the book hate this thing... well, I don't read Dean Koontz, but he did a servicable horror flick here with a concept that I really dug.

Star Trek: The Next Generation - All Good Things... Oooo, It was on Spike TV. I recently had a love affair with a show called Enterprise. TNG is a happy marriage.

Indie Sex: Taboos Boring.

Snowball Effect: The Story of Clerks Kevin Smith is a personal hero to me.

Super Size Me : Lot of good things to think about here, if you can ignore his damn girlfriend who weeps for cows. You wanna go vegan for health or taste issues, GO FOR IT! You bitch about the suffering of animals, and I want to... never mind. At least Morgan (the dude in the movie) enjoys his steak and bacon.

Sayonara : I loved it. But the more movies I see from the fifties the more I hate that society.

Hellraiser: Hellseeker Kinda nifty. OK.

Papillon I've seen it now. Yay. Never have to again. Not bad at all, just checked off.

Triplettes de Belleville, Les Cute and Funny. Recommended.

The Mysterious Island (one from the 20's) Kinda ranted about this flick already...

It Came from Outer Space Good movie.

Envy. Show this in prisons before showings become classified as torture. Play in bathrooms with backed up plumbing to overpower the smell of raw sewage. Want to hide a row of trash dumpsters, stick up a billboard for this.

The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra "The FUNNIEST movie I ever saw!!!" -- My wife. I say Duck Soup is funnier... but Lost Skeleton would be a con screening staple if cons were like they used to be!

Deliverance Life affirming. I never need to engage in an outdoor activity ever again. That's good, since I don't like outdoor things, now I know why. Interesting part; watching it and seeing Jon Voight and thinking hey, tha1t's where Angelina Jolie got her mouth, freaky... and then a hillbilly goes and says; "You sure got a pretty mouth."

The Haunted Mansion I've nothing to say.

Night of the Living Dead Now, that's a good movie. Feel bad for having avoided it for so long.

Paycheck Crap. Maybe if you're really tired from a long day, and someone gave it too you, and you want to watch a movie you've never seen, but you think you'll fall asleep. Then it's made to fit.

Peter Pan. (the new one) I've grown to like Hook. This is just kind of there... If ya dig on Peter Pan...

At the Earth's Core... You, this blog has seen bitching about you before!

A Walk on the Moon At the end of her movie Lady Jaye pulls up on an LCV Recon Sled, gets off and says to some kids; " You know, many people have dreams in life, but you'll enjoy life more if you forget your dreams and don't regret how dull you live is." And the kids say, "Give up now, and be boring!" another kid says; "Life is pointlessly boring, and I shouldn't have any dreams! Now I know!" Lady Jaye: "And knowing is half the battle."

Fahrenheit 451 In an illeterate society... a Fireman who burns books for a living, is corrupted by actually reading some. Where did he learn to read?

Talk Radio Every time this Oliver Stone movie is played, Howard Stern is owed 5 bucks.

X : The anime... awful.

Häxan Mentioned elsewhere on the blog I think...

Blackboard Jungle Okay, I guess it's a seminal movie. Pretty good.

The Crimson Pirate Second ONLY to Pirates of the Carribean. Anyone who says the Sea Hawk is a better Pirate movie had better look below.

The Sea Hawk: Is NOT a Pirate movie. It has privateers, and piracy and action, but it has political intrigue. It's an elizabeethan James Bond. NOT a Pirate movie.

House of flying Daggers Pretty.

October Sky I hate stupid people in movies. Stupid hate filled people who hate new ideas. This is a must see. Fuck 'em.

The Searchers Much goodness.

The Cooler Shit. Avoid. Great acting. I hated the off camera climax and luck being... real. Yes, Luck was REAL. I mean, if you're LUCKY you can walk by a row of slot machines and people start winning... and at poker and craps.. Luck is real.

20 Million Miles to Earth. The people of Rome are SO MODEST, they don't brag that they have the BIGGEST ELEPHANT EVER!!!! That's more of a joke, It's a fun movie.

Hollywood North I liked it. You won't.

Elf You may like it. I won't.

Laws of Attraction Something we can all agree on.

Pi Something we can hate film nerds for liking...

The Butterfly Effect Something that can stir up to 30 minutes of converstation.

Aero-Troopers: The Nemeclous Crusade Doesn't suck. Geeks will like.

Dawn of the Dead Fast Zombies.

Japanese Story Sad. Good. Small. Needs ice cream for proper viewing.

Around the World in 80 Days Ok.

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events Pretty good. (Sorry that was a DVD)

Scary Movie 3 Funny stuff.

No comments: