I'm making the most definitive list of favorite movies ever.

For every year, I'm listing every movie I've seen and compare them all to each other asking one question; Which movie do I like more. Movies that score in the 80th percentile or higher, advance to the next round: Favorite of the Decade. After each Decade is done, an All Time list will be formed.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Favoritest Movies of 1993



Oh 1993... What a boring list of movies to compare and contrast.  What were you trying to be, a list of reasons to not watch movies on cable?  There's at least a 100 squandered hours lying at the bottom of this list of movies that would have been better off being unseen mysteries.  More tedious was the fact that I had the Jurassic Park poster ready to go.  I'm trying to discover what my favorite movies are, not look at a pile and pick out the only one I've rewatched in the past decade. (okay that's an overstatement... I've watched Falling Down, Tombstone, Totoro, Dave, and a few minutes of Super Mario Brothers all in the last couple years.)

Not a video, just the only picture found on the web.
But Movies are entertainment.  And in that category, 1993 produced a bigger winner than any of these movies, but first... a loser;  Bigfoot style pizza.  Gaming, and these monsters, especially Elicia''s attempt to emulate Pizza Hut's Bigfoot seen here were an amazing combination.  I don't miss the pizza hut one so much since, well, If I were to list 18 different pizza places, Pizza Hut would come in 7th.  That's not a bad thing but Pizza Hut just isn't the same unless you're walking into a big red hut with that aroma and  table top version of Galaga to beg your parents for a quarter to go play.  But, this list is about 1993, And I've gone off into the wee 80's.  So, really the winner for 1993 should be;


Well, you're not a movie.  I've spent to much money on you.  I've regretted our break-up.  You've killed so many hours, and caused so much fun and pain.

  Oh how I should have listened to that old woman that wandered into my comic shop, Who, like the Soothsayer to Ceaser told me to get Magic.  If only I'd looked it up on the internet. ;) 

  1. Jurassic Park
  2. Schindler's List
  3. The Fugitive
  4. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
  5. Dave
  6. The Firm
  7. My Neighbor Totoro
  8. Tombstone
  9. Robin Hood: Men in Tights
  10. Demolition Man
  11. Falling Down
  12. Much Ado About Nothing
  13. Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story
  14. Groundhog Day
  15. Hot Shots! Part Deux
  16. The Legend
  17. True Romance
  18. Addams Family Values
  19. In the Line of Fire
  20. Robot Wars: Robot Jox 2
  21. The Three Musketeers
  22. Grumpy Old Men
  23. Coneheads
  24. Three Colors: Blue
  25. Being Human
  26. Last Action Hero
  27. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III
  28. Mrs. Doubtfire
  29. The Nightmare Before Christmas
  30. Needful Things
  31. Point of No Return
  32. The Joy Luck Club
  33. Rising Sun
  34. Short Cuts
  35. National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1
  36. Fire in the Sky
  37. Benny & Joon
  38. Indecent Proposal
  39. Cliffhanger
  40. Fearless
  41. Malice
  42. Crime Story
  43. Farewell My Concubine
  44. Dazed and Confused
  45. Sleepless in Seattle
  46. Fatal Instinct
  47. So I Married an Axe Murderer
  48. Wayne's World 2
  49. Hexed
  50. Hard Target
  51. Striking Distance
  52. We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story
  53. What's Eating Gilbert Grape
  54. What's Love Got to Do With It
  55. Sliver
  56. The Crush
  57. Nowhere to Run
  58. Kalifornia
  59. A Perfect World
  60. Free Willy
  61. Little Buddha
  62. The Real McCoy
  63. Faraway, So Close!
  64. Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey
  65. Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
  66. In the Name of the Father
  67. Son in Law
  68. For Love or Money
  69. Robocop 3
  70. Judgment Night
  71. Weekend at Bernie's II
  72. Body of Evidence
  73. Undercover Blues
  74. Life with Mikey
  75. The Temp
  76. Cool Runnings
  77. Mad Dog and Glory
  78. Sniper
  79. Alive
  80. Look Who's Talking Now
  81. Born Yesterday
  82. The Man Without a Face
  83. Dennis the Menace
  84. Mr. Nanny
  85. Carnosaur
  86. Carlito's Way
  87. Sommersby
  88. The Meteor Man
  89. Untamed Heart
  90. Amos & Andrew
  91. Hocus Pocus
  92. My Life
  93. Made in America
  94. Boxing Helena
  95. Jack the Bear
  96. Super Mario Bros.
  97. The Good Son


Legend: Onto the next Round! ( >/= .8) In the middle. I do NOT enjoy. (< / = .2)

No comments: