I'm making the most definitive list of favorite movies ever.

For every year, I'm listing every movie I've seen and compare them all to each other asking one question; Which movie do I like more. Movies that score in the 80th percentile or higher, advance to the next round: Favorite of the Decade. After each Decade is done, an All Time list will be formed.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Favoritest Movies of 2005

I'm going to probably continue this series of posts until I run out of movies... On New Years Eve, 2004, I popped in the DVD of the original Transformers the movie, timed for Victor Caroli to say at the stroke of midnight "It is the year 2005..." But, I know everyone did that. If you think it "loserish", well... WTF am I supposed to do on New Years, my wife's usually asleep by 10, the kids are away at the grandparents... so eh, WTH.
As for the list, There was never any doubt. See, these list surprise even me. Happy Feet was a surprise. Each movie goes head to head with every other movie in a spreadsheet. point totals are turned into percentiles and voilĂ  movies emerge at the top. Some years are a race for second or third. Colossus: The Forbin Project WILL top 1970, probably followed by Patton, but I won't get ahead of myself, since the past in retrospect is further ahead, the farther back you look. Anyway, this was a year with a Star Wars movie, and it wasn't 1999... that one will be interesting since... Um... I DO enjoy and love the Phantom Meanace, but 99 is a HEAVY year. I came up with 50 movies though for 2005, and Disney's botched H2G2 didn't bottom the list. Blue is coming to mean, will be in the running for All time fav... Red is, I don't like you.


  1. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
  2. TIE: Serenity
  3. TIE: Good Night, and Good Luck.
  4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  5. Mr. & Mrs. Smith
  6. Batman Begins
  7. Kingdom of Heaven
  8. Constantine
  9. Syriana
  10. March of the Penguins
  11. Sin City
  12. Memoirs of a Geisha
  13. War of the Worlds
  14. King Kong
  15. Fantastic Four
  16. Chicken Little
  17. Corpse Bride
  18. Walk the Line
  19. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
  20. Kung Fu Hustle
  21. The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3D
  22. Lord of War
  23. The Island
  24. Mysterious Island
  25. Aeon Flux
  26. Madagascar
  27. Sky High
  28. MirrorMask
  29. The Aristocrats
  30. The 40-Year-Old Virgin
  31. Flightplan
  32. Fever Pitch
  33. Stealth
  34. Doom
  35. Sahara
  36. Rent
  37. Zathura
  38. Hoodwinked
  39. Robots
  40. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
  41. Wedding Crashers
  42. The Ring Two
  43. Saw II
  44. The Dukes of Hazzard
  45. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
  46. H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds
  47. Son of the Mask
  48. TIE: Monster-in-Law
  49. TIE: A Sound of Thunder
Legend: Onto the next Round! In the middle. I do NOT enjoy.

See, I learned there are worse things then majorly raping Douglas Adams, and they were seriously devestating Ray Bradbury, mixing J-Lo with Jane Fonda, and other really bad movies.

No comments: