I'm making the most definitive list of favorite movies ever.

For every year, I'm listing every movie I've seen and compare them all to each other asking one question; Which movie do I like more. Movies that score in the 80th percentile or higher, advance to the next round: Favorite of the Decade. After each Decade is done, an All Time list will be formed.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

DVD: Fever Pitch

It didn't suck. [Sound of footsteps walking away, a door opens and quickly closes interrupted only by the sound of lights being turned off. Silence creeps in, fading to sounds you otherwise never notice, cars driving by at a distance, dogs, teens out at an unreasonable time... eventually you drift off to sleep.]


Why are you still here, covered in your own drool, frumpled and in your underwear? At least you had the sense not to sleep in your clothes. Here's a comb, and a mint, now get dressed.

What? Oh... the DVD thing? I said it didn't suck. Sheesh. It's a romantic comedy, like an action figure, it has all the standard points of articulation. I'm not bitching about it, it just doesn't incite conversation. It does get some kudos for showing baseball fans for the geeks they really are. This is good. It helps define geekdom. I propose a NEW definition! (just add it below the old ones.

geek: (n) Someone who loves something other that can't love them back.

Gee, defining it with love... I just would like to give a big FRAKK OFF to everybody I went to grade school junior high with, you hate filled shit bags of worthless Bodybags for trying to make such a great thing into a dirty word. Fuck. I said Bodybags, now I owe Aeghty Aeght a dime.

Take a moment to look at the awful poster they stuck this movie with. From a distance it looks like a vampire movie, with a dark sky and full moon and some pale face at someones neck. Why is Drew so washed out? Why is Jimmy Fallon both unrecognizable and falling off the poster. Usually in a romance movie when the guy is that far off the center... he DIES. And they opened it on tax day, what does that have to do with baseball?

Catch it on cable, or if nothing else at Blockbuster looks worth a damn, unless you can't stand one or more of the leads, then don't torture yourself. I like Drew and Fallon, so I liked the movie. There. I revise my statement. You'll like it as much as you already like them. If you don't know how much you like them, you're screwed, cause you still won't know.

No comments: