I'm making the most definitive list of favorite movies ever.

For every year, I'm listing every movie I've seen and compare them all to each other asking one question; Which movie do I like more. Movies that score in the 80th percentile or higher, advance to the next round: Favorite of the Decade. After each Decade is done, an All Time list will be formed.

Saturday, February 12, 2005

DVD Rented: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

This movie would have ruled the earth if I hadn’t heard and read so many good things about it. It would have been even better if I had now idea what the premise was. If only art were an honest process and marketing didn’t exist… then a movie poster or box could say “Trust me, you’ll like it!” Now, some idiot just thought “that’s what marketing is, idiot. Well, aren’t we a pair then, two idiots separated by a computer screen and a few million miles of copper, fiber optics and a whole lot of other stuff? In a universe as small as the Star Wars galaxy, or ESOTSM, we’d run into each other... which was a symptom of the other movie we rented, but watched last night; Collateral. This film is beautiful, just to look at… before Collateral, the only way to see a city like that was with your own eyes. Oh… yea, a review… some movieish small universe syndrome, but it’s a movie, most have it… Fuck, most stories have it… even real life does. Can I say Fuck in a Blog entry discussing rated R movies?

ESOTSM : 4…. Some things out of 5. 8.5 /10 A- …. I’ll come up with a system.
Collateral: 5 out of 5….. 9/10…. A Yea, I need a system.

No comments: