I'm making the most definitive list of favorite movies ever.

For every year, I'm listing every movie I've seen and compare them all to each other asking one question; Which movie do I like more. Movies that score in the 80th percentile or higher, advance to the next round: Favorite of the Decade. After each Decade is done, an All Time list will be formed.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Yes I did a midnight showing....

"Well, why isn't it on your blog yet????"

Of course I saw a midnight showing at the Esquire... but I'm still too sensory blown to comment. Ugh...It GuuuooohhuuD. That doesn't work for me. The real issues are so many.... What makes a perfect movie? Where does this rank in the saga? What was my favorite moment? Fav line? (probably one about a "little green friend") Am I going to see it again tonight? (Gonna sure as hell try!)

I can say this much right away.... I can BITCH and PRAISE the trailers before it.

The Cinderella Man: Oh, SHIT! Fuck, Opie needs matching trophies, fine, I like him and ussually enjoy his movies, but am cursed it seems to see them once and never get the urge ever again... but damn you guys, a BOXING movie just won an Oscar, couldn't you shelve this movie for a year of two... It's Rocky meets The Greatest Game Ever Played. And not shown to the right crowd either, actually the AMC lil' film dude got more respectful silence.

The Island: Just sit right back and see a flick, a flick of a fimiliar sthick, it's directed by Micheal Bay and I'm trying not to get sick, ... Here on Gilogan's Run! Writers and Director of Transformers, like Haywood Floyd in 2010, Verne and I HAVE to be there. Matt should come with us, we can then lament or become more hopeful with the hands the OTHER (aside from having Star or Wars in the title) 20 year wait movie is in. I wish Spielberg was doing Transformers, but I did at one time love Micheal Bay...

Batman: Fuck having Begins in the title... Be as good as THAT trailer, and the Burton/Schumaker era will be nicely all but wiped from traumatic memory. Imagine, Batman without compromises... BE as good as that trailer!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith: Oh god that looks fun, and she looks better than ever. I always thought Angelina Jolie's looks were overhyped... in just the previews, she's lived up to every bit of it.

War of the Worlds: ...in Spielberg I TRUST... ...in Spielberg I TRUST... ...in Spielberg I TRUST... ...in Spielberg I TRUST... ...in Spielberg I TRUST...

Narnia: Same Trailer I commented on before. Looks good on a big screen, BUT, I don't mind a CGI look so much as many people.

Fantastic Four: And the crowd goes wild... Now, they MAY have been just applauding the 20th Century fox logo at the begining of the Trailer thinking Star Wars was coming on. But, there was some positive fan vibe in the theater, and even I'll admit, this trailer looks like it may escape blowing bull cock like a state champion cockslut would... It's probably blow like a typical High School prayer group leader... Many fans will enjoy since one thing has been consistant, and is even more present this time... it's Johnny Storm the Movie, every one else is friends with his sister.

No comments: