I'm making the most definitive list of favorite movies ever.

For every year, I'm listing every movie I've seen and compare them all to each other asking one question; Which movie do I like more. Movies that score in the 80th percentile or higher, advance to the next round: Favorite of the Decade. After each Decade is done, an All Time list will be formed.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Movies: Simpsons and Stardust.


Well, one movie makes fun of me for being a sucker for paying to see it in a theater, and the other one makes the world feeling like suckers for spending so much time in theaters with Spider-Man 3, and not it! So, to Simpsons, I say, I well spent a dollar. And we, sort of enjoyed, but Stardust had us not remembering what movie we watched before it.

Dear Stardust, I wanted REALLY wanted to see you in a theater. I'll blame myself, I could never blame you. I didn't look hard enough. We were on vacation, not a theater anywhere near those parts, no cell phones or internet either. It seems you were gone, or at least gone to the small screens that punish you for not seeing it opening weekend. I'm glad you found love from audiences abroad, it warms my heart. In an odd way, this is how I thought I may react to The Golden Compass... and while no critic I read compared compass to you, you were surely in their heart. You are NOT The Princess Bride. But, you're just as classic and lovable. I hope you grow into peoples hearts and collections...

Okay, crushing on a movie here... but most movies have the wife and I lounging, some get us sitting up or leaning forward... this had us sitting like Lady and the Tramp, and by the end I couldn't speak, I would have LOST it, and I mean, as in...

I.E.


BONES
"You'll flood the whole compartment!"



That line is from Star Trek II, a CLASSIC movie. You know it before you even walk out of the theater. Stardust, joins the Pantheon of movies.

No comments: