I'm making the most definitive list of favorite movies ever.

For every year, I'm listing every movie I've seen and compare them all to each other asking one question; Which movie do I like more. Movies that score in the 80th percentile or higher, advance to the next round: Favorite of the Decade. After each Decade is done, an All Time list will be formed.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Redboxed: Seeker and Sweeney

The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising
This is my new favorite movie ever and has replaced everything I've ever liked, and the problem with print is you can't hear sarcasm. This is just a Harry Potter knock off based on some Harry Potter knock of book from 1973. Oh. Crap. Uh... Never mind. Why'd you start with the second book? Well. After learning that, I've nothing more to say, other than, the lady who wrote this books, could see the future, and wrote stuff inspired by Harry Potter... twenty years early. We kinda thought the movie was bla...




Then we watched...




Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

How, How the FUCK can anyone sit through THREE hours of this? What did they cut, and why?

Sorry, just did not enjoy this. I love Depp. I usually love Tim Burton (Planet of the Apes... happy for you on the check clearing, but jeeze, that was... not necessary), and the number Epiphany kicked ass!

Actually, after looking through it, this was probably the best Sweeney Todd could be, since all the shit we hated, was the stuff that's usually in the story anyway, but, watching it, first exposure to the story ever, it sucked.

If you had done Cinderella, and I'd never known ANYTHING about Cinderella, I might cry Bullshit on the glass slipper... So Sweeney and crew, have had their feet really cut up by their glass slippers here. Sorry for not feigning worldliness and faking awareness of this thing. I can name Broadway shit like NASCAR shit... I live in St. Louis and we're not NASCAR or Broadway types...

Note: The spell checker will underline Broadway with a lower case "b", but doesn't know what NASCAR is. (it recommends spelling it PASCAL)

No comments: