I'm making the most definitive list of favorite movies ever.

For every year, I'm listing every movie I've seen and compare them all to each other asking one question; Which movie do I like more. Movies that score in the 80th percentile or higher, advance to the next round: Favorite of the Decade. After each Decade is done, an All Time list will be formed.

Monday, December 08, 2008

Redboxed: Prince Caspian and Wanted

I have zero aspirations of ever being a film critic. Blogging has killed criticism, and unfortunately left us with a droning homogenized mass herd of one note ideas... like the company created opinion of the Dark Knight. WB did the most amazing job creating this unquestioned love for a movie people hadn't seen! ... Ya, The Dark Knight DVD is looming, and I want to see it again. I want to hate it... I think. The Dark Knight is such an overrated pile of poo... Pile of Pooh. The Dark Knight takes bags of Pooh stuffies and rips their heads off poos in them and piles up the Poohs. I like Pooh. Is Pooh Disney? Are there multiple Pooh. Like, Pooh was written by someone else, and then Disney took hold of it... Like Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I LOVE H2G2! But not their version. they destroyed it. I guess if you hadn't read the books or were familiar with it in any way prior it wasn't AS bad. Well, this bit of typing is a waste of time, since I don't really care to acknowledge whatever movie I'm supposed to be mentioning...




Oh, I did see a good movie!
Hello... I just may love you. A cornflower blue tie from Fight Club, CHECK, Red Stapler ala OfficeSpace, Check! Gun-fu mixing it up with a chosen one constituting a remake of The Matrix, You it's there. Add a bit of Star Wars and it's like a Best movies of 1999 Mix Tape. Well, okay the pinch of Star Wars isn't of the 1999 vintage, it may be of an earlier vintage.

You... You may prompt a best of the Year so far list...

Where did you rank?

Well, I did a spreadsheet comparing each movie to every other movie I've seen this year, and Currently....

Wanted comes in fourth place.
  1. WALL-E
  2. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
  3. Iron Man
  4. Wanted
  5. Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  6. The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
  7. Hellboy II: The Golden Army
  8. Quantum of Solace
  9. Mongol
  10. Kung Fu Panda
  11. The Incredible Hulk
  12. Hancock
  13. Journey to the Center of the Earth
  14. The Spiderwick Chronicles
  15. Cloverfield
  16. Get Smart
  17. TIE: Speed Racer / Dark Knight
  18. TIE Speed Racer / The Dark Knight
  19. The Forbidden Kingdom
  20. Tropic Thunder
  21. W.
  22. 10,000 B.C.
  23. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
  24. The Love Guru
  25. Meet the Spartans
  26. Jumper
  27. Semi-Pro
  28. The Happening (This movie is guaranteed to be at the bottom, no matter how many movie I see... Ever. Battlefield Earth has company in movie Hell.)


No comments: