I'm making the most definitive list of favorite movies ever.

For every year, I'm listing every movie I've seen and compare them all to each other asking one question; Which movie do I like more. Movies that score in the 80th percentile or higher, advance to the next round: Favorite of the Decade. After each Decade is done, an All Time list will be formed.

Friday, December 12, 2008

The (belated) Favoritest movies of 2007 list...

I meant to do this a long while ago, but, I'll be honest, I'd do these charts by hand, I just learned over the summer how to do them in a spreadsheet... and now I'm addicted to Excel.

This is not a BEST list... There are great movies that I never want to see again. Too many movies to give it a second viewing, so, like on this list, movies like that suffer. Juno, while a darn good film, is punished by the fact that channel flipping is more appealing than rewatching Juno. One of the things that motivates me to make more of these lists is that it could save me lots of money, since the things towards the top of these lists oddly line up with being DVD's I watch again and again, and 80% of my DVD collection is this pile of aluminum and polycarbonate discs that occupy cases that do little more than accumulate dust. By my guess, lists like this could prevent my from having another 200-300 DVD dustcatchers. Sure, there's some I never watch but love having; thinking of Master and Commander there, just for that mood of wanting it on tap. But, I'm never watching American Beauty in my life, ever again. At this moment, looking forward, if I had all of the infinate future of the univers before me, I'd never watch American Beauty ever again. If you just thought" It won best picture..." Look in the $5 bin of DVD's at Wal-Mart right now. You can find all sorts of Best Picture noms and winners. That award is almost so detached from the art form in some cases in recent years it's very revalance is questionable. Well, maybe Wall-E will win this year. As for 2007... I thought that the Oscar winning No Country for Old Men was my most hated movie.. nope, not it of Spiderman 3... I learned what movie I hated the most last night... and I hadn't thought about the movie between turing it off, and last night. Onto the list:

  1. Stardust
  2. 300
  3. Transformers
  4. The Man From Earth
  5. Meet the Robinsons
  6. Charlie Wilson's War
  7. Aliens Vs. Predator - Requiem
  8. Balls of Fury
  9. Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
  10. National Treasure: Book of Secrets
  11. Enchanted
  12. 3:10 to Yuma (2007)
  13. TMNT
  14. The Golden Compass
  15. TIE Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
  16. TIE Hitman
  17. Ghost Rider
  18. Surf's Up
  19. The Last Mimzy
  20. Pathfinder: Legend of the Ghost Warrior
  21. Michael Clayton
  22. TIE Beowulf
  23. TIE Resident Evil: Extinction
  24. TIE Next
  25. The Astronaut Farmer
  26. The Mist
  27. Dragon Wars
  28. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
  29. TIE 30 Days of Night
  30. TIE Elizabeth: The Golden Age
  31. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
  32. TIE I Am Legend
  33. TIE The Kingdom. From here down, I probably just don't like you... or just never need to see you EVER again.
  34. Lions for Lambs
  35. Underdog
  36. Alvin and the Chipmunks
  37. Juno
  38. TIE Ratatouille
  39. TIE Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
  40. TIE Across the Universe
  41. Knocked Up
  42. The Simpsons Movie
  43. Live Free or Die Hard
  44. Fred Claus
  45. Epic Movie
  46. Blades of Glory
  47. Spider-Man 3
  48. Shrek the Third
  49. TIE Rush Hour 3
  50. TIE Bridge to Terabithia
  51. The Brave One
  52. No Country for Old Men
  53. Superbad
  54. 28 Weeks Later
Legend: Onto the next Round! In the middle. I do NOT enjoy.

The top four movies that came up at the top of this list, I noticed, I'd place their poster art in this blog's banner... Well, I guess I proved to me what I like.

No comments: