I'm making the most definitive list of favorite movies ever.

For every year, I'm listing every movie I've seen and compare them all to each other asking one question; Which movie do I like more. Movies that score in the 80th percentile or higher, advance to the next round: Favorite of the Decade. After each Decade is done, an All Time list will be formed.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Redboxed: D-War and 3:10 to Yuma


Dnag, took me a few days to get around to this one, or these two I should say. Anyway, Dragon Wars... So, from my understanding, It's like the Korean Jerry Sienfeld said to a studio, hey I want to make the biggest budget movie this country has ever made, and I'm writing it, directing it, and forming my own effects studio, and they let him. Okay... It'd never EVER happen over here, and this might be a cautionary tale as to why... The action is beautiful... but oh my, this film doesn't even feel done. It's like the lions share of FX were complete, and they removed the "SCENE MISSING" Frames and let it go out. It's an awesome effort! But it's a bad movie. A very fun bad movie... which by the end of it, when you can't take any more, the ending was very cool, and then the credits just... roll... SCENE MISSING. So, I take that back, it's not a bad movie, it's a Collection of shots, with some scenes, dialouge, A GREAT score, and um... yea, it's NOT A MOVIE. I did get a feel for the story, it wasn't told, it's something you piece together while holding a fart in, or picking your nose.

Then there's 3:10 to Yuma. Yes it's the best western since Unforgiven. I can't think of many westerns since then, but, this is one of the best movies I've ever seen, that included cowboy hats. Okay, I liked it alot... and now I'm bored of typing.

No comments: